ECCO CONFER Cases Round 7
Call for proposal of rare cases now open!
ECCO COllaborative Network For Exceptionally Rare Case Reports (CONFER) is an initiative to identify, assemble and report together rare IBD cases of clinical relevance, which are otherwise seldom reported. By joining forces with the many Members and supporters of ECCO, a joint report of all similar rare cases can result in a large case series that will advance our knowledge about these uncommon patients.
ECCO CONFER is now launching its seventh round.
We have defined 5 main themes of interest for proposed cases:
- Unusual clinical situations facing diagnostic or therapeutic gaps of knowledge
- Rare infections
- Uncommon drug beneficial effects or side-effects
- Rare IBD manifestations
- Infrequent disease associations (neoplastic, infectious, etc.)
If you wish to propose a case, and serve as a principal investigator of its development into an ECCO CONFER project, please send us your suggested case according to the following format:
1) Case title
2) Short case description (max. 150-200 words)
3) Main clinical question to be answered by this case series (How is the case series expected to change our practice?)
4) Existing literature on the topic (number of published cases with references)
5) Submitted by (Name, Medical Center, City, Country, Contact email)*
*Data processing consent and retention:
Selection process & further steps:
To keep the ECCO CONFER Cases effective, a selection of a limited number of cases will be made by the Steering Committee to be developed into full projects. Notification of selection will be sent end of 2020. Subsequently, a call will be made to all ECCO Members and affiliates who encountered a similar case to contribute it to the case series.
The ECCO CONFER Steering Committee:
Uri Kopylov (Israel)
Maria Chaparro (Spain)
Pierre Ellul (Malta)
Idan Goren (Israel)